Kalagura Gampa White Safflower Seeds come in a 500 grams pack of 100% natural form of White Safflower Seeds only.
Safflower seeds are the seeds of the annual plant, Carthamus tinctorius
. With its beautiful red, yellow, and orange blooms, safflowers can be an attractive addition to gardens.
The bulbous, thistle-like shape and scraggly foliage of the plant, however, can put off gardeners who prefer more groomed flowers in their landscaping. The seeds, on the other hand, are ideal for birds and are cultivated as a crop in many areas, including the United States, India, and Mexico.
Safflowers make excellent cut flowers for drying. The blooms, when dried for arrangements, are everlasting. These blooms also provide a source of white dyes for coloring silk and wool.
Commercially, it is important as a source of good quality cooking oil.How to Plant Safflower Seeds:
- When sowing white Safflower seeds outdoors, it should be planted at a depth of 1/4 inch in light soil in the early spring, before the last frost of the season.
- When growing the seed indoors, the seed should be sown in peat pots about 8 weeks before they are ready to be transplanted outdoors after the danger of frost has passed.
- The seedlings should be planted out with a spacing of 6 - 10 inches in a sunny part of the garden.
- Plant safflowers in a sunny, well-drained area and only use minimal water, as they thrive best in arid climates and dry conditions.
- These are annual flowers but allowing the seed heads to remain on the stalks can permit some seeds to fall and naturally reseed the area for the next year's growth.
Safflower seeds are a useful but relatively uncommon type of bird seeds, but because of their great nutrition and which birds eat them, they are gradually growing in popularity among backyard birders
They are a great option for many backyard birds while their unusual shape and bitter taste can discourage less welcome birds and squirrels.CAUTION:
- Keep the product away from water contamination as it is all-natural and does not have any added preservatives.
- Store it in an airtight container and avoid exposing it to sunlight. Preferably store it in a cool, shaded space.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.